‘Minors died of food poisoning’ from Karachi’s restaurant, medical reports confirm

LAHORE: The medical report has confirmed that two minors, Muhammad and Ahmed, died due to consumption of unhygienic food at a Karachi’s restaurant, ARY News reported.  

The awaited medical report was acquired by ARY News on Tuesday, according to which, the food poisoning that killed the sibling was caused by the substandard food of the accused restaurant.

The samples were tested at a laboratory of Lahore.

The post-mortem report of the bodies also revealed that the two minors died owing to food poisoning after having a meal at a restaurant in Karachi.

As per details, two kids accompanying their family came for a dinner at a known restaurant at Zamzama, DHA, however, after having food their health deteriorated.

The kids were immediately rushed to hospital where they died shortly afterwards on November 11. One-year-old Ahmad, and five-year-old Muhammad, both sons of Ahsan were the residents of Creek Vista.

While their mother, Ayesha, was also hospitalised at South City Hospital.

Chief Justice Saqib Nisar, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah and Inspector General Sindh Police Kaleem Imam had taken a notice of the incident.

It is worth mentioning that the Sindh Food Authority does not have its own laboratory for checking food samples, which are being examined at the private laboratories, ARY News reported.

A large, the authority remains dysfunctional and has failed to exercise its powers effectively, despite passing of seven months to its creation, ARY sources said. Shortage of the food inspectors has further dwindled its ability of conducting raids at the hotels and food outlets to ensure hygienic conditions in the eateries.

 

The post ‘Minors died of food poisoning’ from Karachi’s restaurant, medical reports confirm appeared first on ARYNEWS.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *