The official name of this country is the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It is located in South Asia. The occupied area of this country is 881,913 square kilometers which makes it the 33th largest country in the world. The population of Pakistan is more than 201 million and almost 96% is Muslims. The capital of Pakistan is Islamabad which is one of the most beautiful capital all over the world. The official language of Pakistan is Urdu and English. The country has a federal parliamentary constitutional republic government. The official currency of Pakistan is Rupee (1$=130.5pkr).
51 Amazing Facts about Pakistan
1. Pakistan is the world’s first Islamic country to attain nuclear power.
2. The name of Pakistan means ‘land of the pure’ in Persian and Urdu.
3. Due to its area, it is ranked as the 36th largest country in the world.
4. Pakistan is ranked 26th in the world based on its GDP and 45th largest based on nominal GDP.
5. Pakistan’s national anthem has been ranked as one of the best anthems in the world.
6. Total population of Pakistan is 212,742,631 person according to census 2017 held by Pakistan government under Pakistan army.
7. Pakistan’s Khewra Salt Mine is one of the oldest in the world. It is also the second largest.
8. Pakistan has the world’s largest ambulance network. Pakistan’s Edhi Foundation, which is also listed in the Guinness Book of World Records.
9. Besides poverty in people, Pakistan is ranked in top 5 countries who give most donations in emergency to other people and countries.
10. Tune of Pakistan’s national anthem ranked 3rd most beautiful anthem tune in world.
11. The time zone of Pakistan (denoted by PST) is +5 standard time(UTC).
12. “Changa Manga” is the world’s largest man made forest and is located in the province of Punjab in Pakistan.
13. Pakistan got their independence 14 August 1947 from British government.
14. Quaid e Azam was the founder of Pakistan who struggled for people of West India in getting a separate state for themselves where they could live according to their own society rules. He was also the first Governor General of Pakistan.
15. Allama Iqbal is the national poet of Pakistan, whose whole poetry was for a man to identify himself.
16. According to people of Pakistan, “After Quaid e Azam, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was the only person in the history of Pakistan which was a true leader for Pakistan.”
17. Since independence, Pakistan has been ruled by Pakistan military more than 43 years.
19. More than one Million Afghanistani tribes are settled in Pakistan.
20. All the Pakistanis drive on the left side of the road which is completely opposite to that in Pakistan.
21. The largest city of Pakistan with respect to population is Karachi.
22. K-2 is the highest mountain peak in Pakistan and the second highest in the world.
23. The Faisal Mosque in Pakistan can accommodate 100,000 worshipers at a time. It was the largest mosque in the world from 1986 until 1993.
24. The national mosque of Pakistan is Faisal Mosque located in Islamabad(Pakistan).
25. More than 75% of Muslims living in Pakistan belongs to Sunni sect.
26. Terbela dam is the world largest earth-filled dam located in Pakistan.
27. Pakistan has more than 150 airports.
28. Just two Pakistanis have won the Nobel Prize: Malala yousafzai, for peace in 2014 and Abdus Salam, for physics in 1979.
29. Pakistan has the only fertile desert in the world – the Tharparkar desert – located in Sindh province.
30. National game of Pakistan is Hockey but the most popular game in Pakistan is cricket.
31. Pakistan has won a total of 6 world cups in sports. 4 in Hockey and 2 in Cricket.
32. Pakistan has also won 4 championships. 3 in Hockey and 1 in cricket.
33. The most number of consecutive matches won in squash is still unbeaten established by Pakistani squash champion Jahangir Khan that is 555 matches in a row. Pakistan has a total of 29 world open and British open titles.
34. Pakistan has fought 3 wars uptil now in 1965, 1971 and 1999 against India.
35. Kashmir has always been the main reason behind all these wars.
36. The Indus valley and mohenjo-daro of Pakistan are thought to be the oldest civilizations in the world.
37. China is Pakistan’s largest trading partner and economic co-operation.
38. China has invested more than $300 billion in Pakistan, which is the largest investment by any country in any other country.
39. Pakistan has the deepest port in the world that is Gwadar port which can accommodate hundreds of tons weighed ships. This is also the main reason for the investment of China in Pakistan
40. About 70% population of Pakistan lives on less than $2 per day.
41. Sialkot, located in Pakistan, is the world’s largest producer of handsewn footballs.
42. Pakistan is also world’s famous due its tasty and spicy food. Old Anarkali and Karachi food street are the well known places in all over the world due taste of food.
43. Chicken/Mutton Biryani is the national dish of Pakistan.
44. People of Pakistan shares a diversity of culture between them. People belongings to different cultures exhibits their way of living in Pakistan.
45. People living in northern areas of Pakistan are very beautiful and healthy. Their average age of living is above 90 years.
46. Women of Pakistan are considered as the most beautiful women in South Asia.
47. Pakistan has one of the world’s largest broadband(PTCL) internet systems.
48. More than 20 million Pakistanis use internet service.
49. The literacy rate of Pakistan is less than 70%.
50. Pakistan shares its border with Iran, Afghanistan, China, and India.
51. Pakistan Military force is the 6th largest force in the world.
These are some amazing and interesting facts about Pakistan. If you like these amazing facts about Pakistan then do comment in comment section below for our appreciation or suggestions and rate this post.