Afghanistan is a landlocked country located in central asia. The neighbours of this country is Pakistan,China,Iran,Tajikistan and Turkmenistan. Afghanistan covers 252,000 square miles and is the 41st largest country in the world by area. The population of Afghanistan is more then 3 Billion people and it is the 42 largest country in the world. The primary religion in afghanistan is Islam. The country has a unitary presidential Islamic republic government with a president and chief executive officer. The capital and the biggest city of afghanistan is Kabul. Afghanistan is famous for its pomegranates in all over the Asia.
21 Amazing facts about Afghanistan
1. The official name of afghanistan is Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in this country 96% Afghans are muslims.
2. The people of Afghanistan are called Afghans and their currency is Afghanis ($1 = 111.03Afn).
3. The main source of income in afghanistan is Agriculture and almost 85% afghani people are former.
4. Afghanistan is very poor country thirty-six percent of afghanistan’s population live below the federal poverty line.
5. The annual nominal GDP of afghanistan is $21 Billion.
6. Afghanistan is one of the oldest country settled over 9,000 years ago.
7. The world’s two largest Buddha statues once stood in Afghanistan. However, they were destroyed by the Taliban in 2001.
8. New Year is celebrated by Afghans on 21st March. They call it “Nawroz”. It is a pre-Islamic festival which is celebrated by a gathering of thousands of travelers from across Afghanistan to the city of Mazar-e-Sharif
9. A civil war took place in the country between 1992 and 1996 and it is estimated that at least 50,000 people died in the country by the civil war.
10. The national Game of afghanistan is “Buzkashi” in this game Players of two teams try to catch a goat while riding a horse.
11. At least 9 million people in the country are unable to read and write, making Afghanistan one of the most illiterate countries in the world.
12. Under the Taliban’s rule, girls and women were not allowed to attend school in Afghanistan.
13. World’s largest Buddhas were first built in Afghanistan. But these statues were destroyed by the Taliban in 2001.
14. In Afghanistan, most of the shops and businesses are closed on Friday.
15. The popular afghan dishes is steamed dumpling and afghani pulao.
16. Poetry is a big part of afghanistan’s culture and has been a part of its history for over 1,400 years.
17. In afghanistan women are highly respected in the society and are not expected to mix with the members of the opposite sex.
18. Dari and Pashto are the official languages of Afghanistan but turkish,urdu and english also spoken in this country.
19. Hospitality plays a significant role in the country’s culture and tradition. The visitors are treated with utmost respect and are offered the best that the household has.
20. In afghanistan most of the families lives together in the same house.Upon marriage, the son and his wife live separately in a different room.
21. During the soviet union war an estimated 2.5 million afghan people left their country and sought refuge in other countries like Iran,Pakistan and Tajikistan.
Watch The Videos <<Click Here>>