Facts about Vietnam. The official name of this country is Socialist Republic of Vietnam. It is located in Southeast Asia. Vietnam is bordered by China to the north, Laos to the northwest and Cambodia to the southwest. The total area of this country is 331,230.8 square kilometers. Population of vietnam is more than 94,569,072 people which makes it the 14th largest country in the world by area. Vietnam government is Marxist-Leninist one-party socialist republic with a president and prime minister. The official language of vietnam is vietnamese.
Amazing Facts about Vietnam
1. Total nominal GDP of this country is $215.829 billion (47th).
2. Per capita GDP in vietnam is $2,305
3. The government of vietnam is communist.
4. Hanoi is the capital and the largest city of vietnam.
5. Son Doong cave is the world largest cave located in vietnam.
6. The Vietnam War was one of the longest war in the world’s history, lasting from 1954 to 1975.
7. The capital city of Vietnam is Hanoi, with population of just 6.5 million people it is the second largest city in Vietnam.
8. The largest city of vietnam is Ho Chi Minh City.
9. The currency of Vietnam is called the dong and one dollar is equal to 22675 dong.
10. Vietnam people drink Snake wine they believe that snake wine provide us health and vitality.
11. Literacy rate in vietnam is more than 95% which means 95% population of vietnam can read and write.
12. Football is very Popular Game in vietnam but here also people play table tennis, volleyball, badminton and tennis etc.
13. Vietnam is the world’s largest exporter of cashew nuts they produce 37% cashew nuts of the over the world.
14. The traditional dish of vietnam is Tiet Canh that makes with fresh animal blood.
15. Vietnam has many cultural symbols, like Vietnamese dragon, turtle and the horse.