Facts about Bhutan. Bhutan is a landlocked country located in south Asia. The official name of Bhutan is Kingdom of Bhutan.Total area of this country is 38,394 square kilometers, which makes it 133th smallest country in the world. Population of bhutan is more than 797,765 people, which makes it 165th smallest country by area.
Facts about Bhutan
1. Total annual GDP of bhutan is more than $2.308 billion.
2. Per capita GDP of bhutan is $2,870.
3. Capital and the biggest city of bhutan is Thimphu.
4. Bhutan is a democratic country but early 2008 It is a monarchy country.
5. The borders of bhutan meets with India and China.
6. The National (official) language of bhutan is Dzongkha.
7. Plastic bags have been banned in bhutan since 1999.
8. Literacy rate in bhutan is more than 57%, means 57% population can read and write.
9. Bhutan annual export goods income is more than $700 million.
10. Main export of bhutan is Electricity , Handicraft , Timber , Gypsum , Cement and precious stones.
11. Main import of this country is Felus , Machinery parts , Vehicles , Aircraft , Fabrics and Rice.
12. Bhutan is a tourist friendly country, They earn $70 million annual from tourist.
13. Capital of bhutan Thimphu is one of two cities in asia that does not have traffic light signal.
14. The currency of bhutan is Ngultrum, 1$ is equal to 65.07 ngultrum.
15. Bhutan is the only country in the world before 2011 to officially measure national happiness day the index is known as (GNH) Gross National Happiness. The united nation bought into the idea in 2011 and released the World Happiness report in 2012.
16. Bhutan is one of the last country in the world to introduce television to its people.
17. The national animal of bhutan is Takin, Unfortunately now it is an endangered species.
18. Bhutan is the world only carbon sink, It absorb more (Co2) carbon dioxide.
19.The national sport of bhutan is archery.but basketball and cricket is also popular games in bhutan.
20. Bhutan have a tradition of painting Phallus on their houses to serve as a symbol of fertility.
21 . Bhutan army active person is only 16000 and they trained by indian Arm forces, annual budget of bhutan army is just $14 million.
22. Bhutan and India relationship a very friendly diplomatic, bhutanese can cross into india with just ID card (no passport required) and may work without restriction.
23. Bhutan calling code is +975.