Amazing Facts about Poland
Poland officially the Republic of Poland is a country located in Central Europe. It is divided into 16 administrative subdivisions called provinces. The neighboring nations are Germany toward the west, the Czech Republic and Slovakia toward the south, Ukraine and Belarus toward the east, and Lithuania and the Russian territory of Kaliningrad Oblast toward the upper east. Toward the north, Poland is bounded by the Baltic Sea. Lets explore facts about Poland.
25 Facts about Poland
1. Total population of Poland is more than 38,433,600 which makes it 35nd country by Population. Poland is the sixth most populous member state of the European Union.
2. GDP (nominal) of Poland is $614.190 billion(23rd) 2018.
3. Capital and largest city of Poland is Warsaw and other major cities of Poland Kraków, Łódź, Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk and Szczecin.
Map of Poland
4. Germany attacked Poland in 1939, and Poland was the site of the Auschwitz inhumane imprisonment.
5. The white-followed falcon is Poland’s national symbol.
6. Mielno is a famous resort region in Poland that draws in numerous individuals to its shorelines, eateries, and attractions June through August.
7. Poland is One of the Most Religious Country in Europe.
8. The most established eatery in Europe is situated in Poland. Piwnica Swidnicka has been open since 1275.
9. Poland had the world’s second Constitution. It was likewise the greatest Constitution of the European nation.
10. The first elected chose a president in Poland was Gabriel Narutowicz, who was chosen in 1922.
11. 90% of Poles have at any rate completed their auxiliary training.
12. Poland sends out more gold than some other nation on the planet.
13. Poland imparts its fringe to seven different nations: Belarus, Ukraine, Slovakia, Germany, the Czech Republic, Lithuania, and Russia.
Religion in Poland
- 87.58% Roman Catholic
- 7.10% Opting out of answer
- 1.28% Other faiths
- 2.41% Irreligious
- 1.63% Not stated
14. Poland has one of the most astounding education rates on the planet.
15. There are over 1,300 lakes covering the surface of Poland.
16. 33% of Poland is secured with timberland, with half of the land is devoted to cultivating. The nation contains 9,300 lakes, 23 National Parks and one dessert.
17. In 1989, Poland held its first free elections in over 40 years.
18. Kissing Woman’s Hand is Still is Fashion in Poland.
19. Poland’s national image is the white-followed bird.
20. Polish is the nation’s legitimate dialect and is talked by more than 40 million individuals all through the nation. P polish is thought to be a standout amongst the most troublesome languages to learn by non-local speakers.
21. The adult literacy rate of Poland increased from 98.7 % in 1978 to 99.8 % in 2016.
22. Amber is massive in Poland, so keepsakes and gems made of it are ravishing. You should need to lift some up amid your visit.
23. The currency used in Poland is called Polish złoty.
24. The calling code and internet domain of poland is respectively +48 and .pl.
25. Poland joined NATO in 1999 and the European Union in 2004.
I hope you gain fruitful knowledge about Poland after read These “Amazing facts about Kuwait” article please rate this post and share with your friends. If you know more about Poland tell in the comment section below. Thanks
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE