Facts about Nepal. Nepal is a landlocked country located in South Asia. Nepal has a federal parliamentary republic government. The total area of this country is 147,181 kilometer square that makes it the 93th smallest country in the world. population of this country is more than 28,982,771 people which makes it 48th biggest country by area. The capital and the largest city of nepal is kathmandu.
Facts about NepaL
1. Total annual GDP of this country is $24.067 billion.
2. Per capita income of this country is $837.
3. More than 81% nepalese religion is hinduism. therefor in nepal have the world biggest hindu community.
4. The official currency of nepal is nepalese rupee 1 dollar is equal to 104.65 NPR.
5. The borders of this country locked every side with china and india.
6. Nepal is the only country in the world with a non-rectangular flag.
7. The official language of this country is Nepali.
8. The head is considered the most sacred part of the body in nepal, so don’t touch anyone.
9. Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world located in nepal.
10. Dal Bhat “consists of a rice” is the national dish of nepal.
11. Nepal invented the Elephant polo game and also the World Elephant Polo Championships first organized in nepal.
12. National animal of nepal is cow, and slaughtering of cow is band in nepal.
13. The average life expectancy of Nepalese people is 59 year.
14. The world shortest man Chandra Bahadur Dangi is a nepali, its height is only 54.6cm.
15. Nepalese people does not use left hand for eating.
16. Dandi Biyo is national game of Nepal till 23 may 2017, but now its national game is volley ball.
17. Tourism is a huge industry of Nepal. in 2015, 400,000 tourist comes from India.
18. The literacy rate of Nepal is 67.8 % means more than 67 % population can read and write.
19. Nepal is the birthplace of Lord Gautam Buddha Siddhartha Gautam (Buddha) was born in Kapilvastu, Lumbini which lies in Nepal. Lumbini is a sacred place for Buddhists.
20. National flower of Nepal is Rhododendron.
21. 25% population of Nepal lives below poverty line.
22. The main industry of Nepal is Tourism, garment, food and beverages, metal manufactures, herbs.
23. Nepalese average income of per day is $1.3.