Belgium officially the Kingdom of Belgium, is a nation in Western Europe bordered by France, the Netherlands, Germany, and Luxembourg. A little and densely populated nation, it covers a territory of 30,528 square kilometers and has a populace of more than 11 million. Belgium has the biggest urbanized populace in Europe – where 98 percent of the populace live in urban zones and urban communities.
19 Facts about Belgium
1. Total annual GDP of Belgium is more than $470.179 billion (2018).
2. Belgium per capita GDP is $41,491.
3. Belgium is additionally a standout amongst the most cabled nations on the planet, where somewhere in the range of 97 percent of Belgian family units get cable TV.
4. Belgium is the world’s driving exporter of billiard balls – about 80 percent of the world’s billiard balls are made in Belgium.
5. Brussels South Charleroi Airport is the most reliable airplane terminal in Europe according to punctuality – and it is placed as the world’s second best air terminal for on-time execution, simply behind Japan’s Osaka International airport.
Map of Belgium
6. The life expectancy in Belgium is estimated as of 2016 was 80.5 years, which is a significant increase from previous years.
7. Belgian men are the second tallest on the planet – with a length of 181.7cm, just Dutchmen are taller at 182.5cm. The same can’t be said for Belgian ladies, in any case, who rank 21 at 165.5cm tall.
8. Belgium has lovely outstanding urban communities, like to Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp or Leuven, and it is additionally home to the littlest town on the planet, Durbuy. The oldest town in Belgium is Tongeren. Situated in the Belgian province of Limburg.
9. National animal of Belgium is Leo Belgicus, and the national symbol of Belgium is Coat of Arms.
10. Belgium is one of the six founding countries of the European Union and hosts the official seats of the European Commission,
11. After the administrative decisions of 2008, it took 535 days to make another legislature. This was ordered in the Guinness Book of Records as the nation with the longest time without an official government.
12. The main export of Belgium are machinery and equipment, chemicals, finished diamonds, metals and metal products or foodstuffs.
13. The currency of Belgium is Euro one US dollar equal to 0.86 Belgian Euro.
14. With more than 3000 castles, Belgium has the universes most noteworthy number of castles per square km. Around 300 of them are available to general society.
15. Amusingly, a standout amongst the most well known historic points of Belgium is a modest 61 cm tall bronze statue of a young man pissing directly in front of you. You can visit him in the midtown area of Brussels.
16. Calling code and internet domain of Belgium is respectively +32 or .Be.
17. More than 1500 diverse Belgian brews are formally recorded, all produced in this tiny nation. Additionally, the vast majority of these companies have their own particular extraordinary glass.
18. Antwerp is the second largest city in Belgium and has been known as the diamond capital of the world. In fact, it is the world largest diamond processing and trade center.
19. The national sport of Belgium is Football. The Belgian national football team played its first game in 1904.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE :
- » 25 Interesting Facts about Canada
- » 20 Interesting Facts about Peru
- » Interesting Facts about Argentina