Facts about Yemen. Yemen is an Arab sovereign state located in Western asia. The official name of this country is Republic of Yemen. Total area of this country is 527,968 kilometer square, and the country borders meets with Saudi-Arabia to the north , Oman toe north-east , Gulf of aden and Arabian sea to the south and Red sea to the south. The total population of yemen is more than 28,025,517 People that makes it 48th largest country by area.
Amazing and Interesting Facts
1. The annual nominal GDP of this country is $54.307.
2. Per capita GDP of Yemen is $1,421.
3. Sana’a is Capital and the largest city of yemen.
4. Independence day of Yemen is 22 May 1990.
5. Neighbour countries of yemen is Saudi-Arabia and Oman.
6. The Government of yemen based on provincial government.
7. The annual exports income of yemen is $8.291 billion.
8. Main exports of yemen is crude oil, coffee, liquefied natural gas and salted fish.
9. Main imports of yemen is fuels, wheat, corn, rice, meat, pharmaceutical products
10. Yemen is the poorest country in all over the middle east.
11. National language of yemen is Arabic.
12. Yemen has a strict islamic law, here homosexual behaviour is punishable by death and it is for bidden to take pictures of women.
13. Literacy rate of yemen is more than 65%, means 65% yemenis can read and write.
14. Yemen population growth rate is 3.575%.
15. The currency of yemen is Yemeni rial, $1 usd is equal to 250 YER.
16. National sport of yemen is Football.
17. National animal of yemen Arabian leopard.
18. National bird of yemen is Grosbeak.
19. The calling code and internet domain of yemen is +967 and YE.