Israel officially the State of Israel, is a country located in the Middle East, on the southeastern border of the Mediterranean Sea and the northern border of the Red Sea. The land border of this country touch with Lebanon to the north, Jordan on the east, the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and Gaza Strip to the east and west respectively, Syria to the northeast, and Egypt to the southwest. Israel cover 20,770–22,072 kilometer square total land area which called Israeli territory. The population of this country ranked this at 96th with 8,862,300 people according to CIA report 2018.
Facts about Israel
1. Israel is a global leader in the creation of new technology. Some of the technologies it has produced are voice mail technology, the first antivirus software, the cell phone etc.
2. According to CIA report, the literacy rate of total population in Israel is 96.8%. Age 15 and over can read and write 96.8% male 97.8% and female 98.7% (2011).
3. The capita calculation on Israel is the world’s largest country, which is the most commonly eaten fruit and vegetables.
4. Israel is the only country in the world where men and women necessary to get military training.
5. Israel has the world’s second highest per capita of new books.
Map of Israel
6. The dead sea is located in the east of the border with Israel. The water of this is a high salt concentration, therefore, people floating on it and It’s impossible to dive into it.
7. The national bird of Israel’s is hoopoe.
8. Mount of Olives in Jerusalem’s is the world’s oldest regularly used graveyard.
9. Israel is only 9th countries in the world that sent its own satellite into space.
10. Israel is divided into four physiographic regions along the Mediterranean coastal plain, the Central Hills, the Jordan Rift Valley and the Negev Desert and also divided into six administrative divisions which is called district.
11. The capita calculation on Israel is the world’s largest country, which is the most commonly eaten fruit and vegetables every year.
12. Main Imports of Israel are raw materials, military equipment, investment goods, rough diamonds, fuels, and grain.
13. Average life expectancy of Israelian is 82.4 years. Life expectancy at birth indicates the number of years a newborn infant would live if prevailing patterns of mortality at the time of its birth were to stay the same throughout its life.
14. Israel capital and largest city is Jerusalem.
15. Israel’s national flower is the Cyclamen persicum.
16. The official languages of Israel are Hebrew and Arabic. The Hebrew language was dead and had not been spoken for centuries until the Israelis revived it.
17. Israel is the only Jewish state in the world. The Jewish people have maintained a continuous presence there for well over 3,000 years. Its historical sites testify to Jewish life through the centuries. They say the land of Israel is necessary to Judaism because the land God gave to them.
18. Main Exports of Israel are machinery and equipment, software, cut diamonds, agricultural products, chemicals, and textiles.