Amazing Facts about Iran. Iran ایران also known as Persia. In Persian, the word Iran means “Land of the Aryans. Iran is a muslim country. The official name of this country is “Islamic Republic of Iran“. It is located in Western Asia. The occupied area of this country is 1,648,195 square kilometer which make it 17th largest country in the world by area. The capital and the largest city of iran is “Tehran”. The total population of iran is more then 80 million people and it is the 18th largest country by population.
21 Amazing Facts about Iran
1. The nominal GDP of Iran is $438.3 billion (27th).
2. Iran is one of the world’s oldest continuous civilizations.
3. Iran has the fourth largest oil reserves in the world.
4. The official language of Iran is Persian but many other languages like Turkic, Kurdish, Gilaki, and Arabic also spoken by iranies.
5. Almost 70% of the population in Iran is under the age of 30 year.
6. Iran was the one of the few countries that realized the potential of wind energy and was pioneering.
7. During the Iran – Iraq war, the United States supported Iraq and pressurized other nations from selling weapons to Iran. Later, the United States got caught selling weapons to Iran in secret.This scandal is also called the Iran Contra scandal.
8. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was president from 2005-2013. His government was controversial for his position on nuclear development, human rights and the destruction of Israel.Hassan Rouhani became president of Iran in 2013. after years of negotiations, several leading countries reached a nuclear activity agreement with Iran in 2015.
9. Iran shares its borders with ten other countries, including Turkey, Iraq, Kuwait, Pakistan, and Oman.
10. In Iran, females over the age of nine must wear a hijab in public. Additionally, religious rules do not allow women to wear bathing suits when men are present.
11. It is illegal for men to wear shorts or neckties in Iran.
12. Iran is a muslim country but it has one of the highest opiate addiction rates in the world.
13. The most popular game in Iran is soccer. The national team of iran has won the Asian Cup three times and played in World Cup Final competition three times.
14. The Persian cat is one of the most popular cat breeds in all over the world and its home land is iran.
15. Sex gender change operations in Iran are legal and often.
16. The rial is the currency of Iran and one $1 is equal to 37331 Iranian Rial.
17. The largest Jewish population outside of Israel in the Middle East lives in Iran. Judaism, Christianity, Sunni Muslims and Zoroastrianism are all officially recognized by the Iranian government.
18. Many Iranians eat on the floor without a table. When container are not used, it is customary to only eat with one’s right hand.
19. According to the sharia-law thirteen year old Girls are marriageable and boys at 15 and the iranian people follow this law.
20. Education has always been important in the Persian culture and it is important in Iran. Many people have PhDs. Around 70 percent of science and engineering students
21. Asiatic lion is a National animal of iran.
Watch This Videos> >Click Here<