Facts about oman. Oman is an islamic country located in southeast asia. Oman shares our land borders with the United Arab Emirates to the northwest, Saudi Arabia to the west, and Yemen to the southwest. Total area of this country is 309,500 kilometer square that makes it the 70th largest country in the world by area, and 82% of the country is a desert. The population of this country is more than 4,424,762 people. Oman is a large country with a small population.
Facts about Oman
1. Total annual GDP of this country is $71.325 billion.
2. Per capita GDP of oman is more than $17,485.
3. Capital and the largest city of oman is Muscat.
4. The neighbor country of Oman is UAE , Saudi Arabia , Yemen , Iran and Pakistan.
5. The national symbol of Oman is pair of crossed Khan-jars. This symbol is also printed on the national flag and other government logos.
6. The major export of oman is Oil , Dates and gas, while copper is also exported in limited quantities.
7. Oman produces more than 900,000 barrels of oil per day.
8. Oman have 14 international airports.
9. Oman is the oldest independence state in all over the Arab.
10. The first university, Sultan Qaboos University opened in oman in 1986.
11. 78% population of oman are muslims.
12. The literacy rate of Oman has more than 90%, which means 90% people can read and write.
13. The national language of oman is Arabic.
14. The Government of oman based on Unitary parliamentary absolute monarchy.
15. The Prime Minister and the name of Oman sultan is Qaboos bin Said al Said, and the Deputy Prime Minister
name is Fahd bin Mahmoud al Said.
16. The currency of Oman is omani riyal(OMR) 1 US dollar is equal to 2.60 OMR.
17. The main minerals of oman is petroleum, copper, asbestos, some marble, limestone, chromium, gypsum and natural gas.
18. The national game of oman is soccer.
19. Calling code of oman is +968.
20. Main industries of oman is crude oil production and refining, natural and liquefied natural gas (LNG) production; cement, copper, steel and chemicals.
21. Average age expectancy of omani people is 64 years.
22. National animal of Oman is Arabian oryx.
23. Omani people celebrate our national day or independence day 18 November.
24. Dates palm is the national tree of oman.
25. Oman join the United Nations on 7 October 1971.
26. The falcon in the national bird of Oman. As such, falconry is one of the important sports in the country.
27. Oman is a developing country and is going to be a well developed country by 2050.
28. The national anthem of Oman is Nashid as-Salaam as-Sultani.